If you have ever attended a meeting at work, you will surely understand how important meeting notes are. However, people rarely volunteer to take note of the meeting because it’s pretty time-consuming. And the person who will take notes sometimes misses important information.
Therefore, transcription is a better solution to effortlessly record what was said in meetings.
The main purpose of meeting minutes is to record everything said. It’s a memo for participants, and it’s valuable to share information with absent people and other parties involved. Meeting notes can prevent missing work caused by someone’s absenteeism.
Meeting minutes have discussion items, solutions, current status and the following action, work schedule, so it can be used as a work checklist to improve work quality, conduct follow-up meetings more efficiently.
Before you can get an accurate record, you need a quality audio or video file. You can use your phone, or applications such as Zoom, Skype to record the meeting.
To ensure that every voice is picked up, you should use an omnidirectional microphone to capture all voices. Take a few minutes before the meeting to fix any audio problems, and ask permission or notify meeting attendees that the meeting will be recorded.
Once you have the audio file, you will create a transcription for that file. You can hand-transcribe but it’s very time-consuming. Can you transcribe 2-3 hour meeting notes?
Instead, you should wisely spend your priceless time doing other tasks, so an online transcription software to help create transcripts for meeting notes is highly recommended.
1. Sign up for a Motionbear account
2. Select “Transcription” because you are creating transcripts for this file
3. Click to upload, or drag and drop a file and wait some minutes
4. Select the spoken language in your file to start generating transcription, then click “Continue”
5. Wait some minutes so that Motionbear can generate transcription for your file
6. Make a few changes to make sure the transcription is spelled correctly
7. Select “Download Text” and then select “Download SRT” or “Download TXT” to download transcription to your device. In this step, you need to upgrade your account to the Motionbear Pro plan to download an srt or a txt file.
Besides creating transcripts for audio files, Motionbear can also create transcripts, subtitles for videos, or translate videos to many different languages. You can upgrade your account to Motionbear Premium plan to experience all stunning functions.
For now, create meeting notes in minutes with Motionbear to impress your boss. Transcription files are automatically saved on your Motionbear account, so you can download or share them as needed. You will never have to worry about losing your notes.
Our generative AI save you countless hours on subtitling and transcription tasks.